TTP Dates Autumn 2022
(These dates may be subject to change. Please keep in contact with the TTP monitor).
September 4 Lamrim Retreat
September 25 No Class – UK Dharma Celebration at Nagarjuna KMC
October 9 Group Discussion
October 16 No Class – International Kadampa Fall Festival in New York
November 13 Group Discussion
November 20 Teaching Skills
December 11 Group discussion
December 18 No Class – South West Dharma Celebration
January 8 Clarity of Mind Retreat
January 15 Lamrim Retreat
January 22 HYT Retreat
January 29 Exam
SUNDAYS 10.30AM – 2PM
The purpose of the Teacher Training Programme (TTP) is to provide an extensive presentation of Kadampa Buddhism to enable practitioners to deepen their knowledge and experience and to train as qualified Teachers of Modern Buddhism.
The programme comprises of studying the following books on Sutra and Tantra and by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso:
- The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path of Good Fortune
- Training the Mind, based on the commentaries Universal Compassion and The New Eight Steps to Happiness
- The Heart Sutra, based on the commentary The New Heart of Wisdom
- Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on the commentary Meaningful to Behold
- Types of Mind, based on the commentary How to Understand the Mind
- Guide to the Middle Way, based on the commentary Ocean of Nectar
- Vajrayana Mahamudra, based on the commentary Clear Light of Bliss
- The Bodhisattva’s Moral Discipline, based on the commentary The Bodhisattva Vow
- Offering to the Spiritual Guide, based on the commentaries Great Treasury of Merit and Mahamudra Tantra
- Vajrayogini Tantra, based on the commentary The New Guide to Dakini Land
- Grounds and Paths of Secret Mantra, based on the commentary Tantric Grounds and Paths
- The Practice of Heruka Body Mandala, based on the commentary Essence of Vajrayana
About the teacher
Kelsang Drolkar is a joyful and dedicated practitioner who has been teaching Kadampa Buddhism for many years. She has been ordained as a Buddhist nun for four years. When teaching, Drolkar combines her diverse personal experience with practical insight and a warm heart.
The Teacher Training Programme requires enrolment.
For further information contact our Education Programme Co-ordinator: email@example.com